Friday, February 21, 2014

Hold the phone! SAY WHAAAAAAT?!

Once upon a time a couple weeks ago, I was asked by the VisCom faculty to send in some of my art to the Society of Illustration competition. This in itself, was a big deal to me and my friends and I joked that if I SOMEHOW got in, we would all go to the NYC gallery opening. Fast forward to yesterday at 2:30 pm when my teacher congratulated me for getting a piece in. Wait, what.

After I cried a bunch, took a nap and finally told my parents, it kind of all hit me. I'M GOING TO NEW YORK CITY TO SEE MY ART IN A GALLERY.


I think the title of the post kind of says it. I'm in a blissful shock. The piece that got chosen is a little bit dated, but I'm still so happy! It's called "Nurturing Nature" and it's amongst some of the most gorgeous pieces of art I have ever seen! I can't wait to see everything in person and meet their creators!


No comments: