Saturday, October 15, 2016

VOTE! Or die!

I just got my early ballot in the mail yesterday and I spent my Saturday morning changing the world by VOTING.


Well, I hope anyways. Voting is our opportunity to participate in the world we live in. Honestly, if you don't vote in this election, I'm not allowing you to complain about the outcome or any political problem for the next four years. Why? Because you didn't even try. It's like being pissed you have to have Chinese food for dinner when you're friends asked what you feel like eating and you said "I'm good with anything!" (C'mon, you know what I'm talking about, right? This is a relatable comparison.) Anyways, I don't want to get political here, but just vote. DO it.

My voting tradition? I go hang out with my dad and we talk our way through the ballot. We make it fun. We both get our phones out and read the pros and cons and look through articles and make informed decisions. We also laugh at how ugly some of our local politicians are, but hey, that's what comes with the territory. We vote independently, but it's nice to have a conversation about it and bounce ideas off each other. I'm not saying everyone should get an early ballot and hang out with their father, I'm just saying make voting something exciting and cool and rewarding! Go get a fancy coffee before you head to the polls! Eat an ice cream sundae after you vote yes on a proposition. Make the best out it. And then go hug your dad because he probably misses you. Like, duh.


No comments: